Monday, January 2, 2012

Loaded Potato Soup

I tried another new recipe and it will definitely be making an appearance in our household again.  Yesterday afternoon we were being lazy and watching TV (while I was surfing the internet) and I came across a recipe for Loaded Potato Soup, which I LOVE.  I used to order it at O'Charley's but since we don't have one close to us anymore, now I often order it at Rafferty's.  Anyway, since it was only 4:30ish, I told Kevin that I was going to run to the store for the ingredients and try it out.  It was yummy.  Kevin said it was even better than what you'd get at a restaurant.  So, I'm posting it on here so I'll have this recipe to reference again in the future.  If anybody does decide to try it out, let me know!

Ingredients:
12 slices bacon
2/3 cup margarine
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
7 cups milk
4 large (*or 5 med) baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 green onions, chopped (I substituted 1/2 of a medium yellow onion)
1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
chicken broth (if needed)

1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.

2. In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.

3. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.

4. Add chicken broth as needed to reach desired consistency. We like our potato soup really thick so I didn't add any chicken broth.  
 
That's it!  This made enough for us to eat twice, and there's still a little bit leftover for lunch tomorrow.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved