Sunday, January 8, 2012

Girl's Weekend

So this weekend my mom, sister, Kate and I went to visit my grandmother (Mitzi) in Charleston.  This was Kate's first girls weekend, and we had a blast!  I took a 1/2 day off on Friday so we left home right after lunch.  I first stopped in Newberry to pick up my mom, and then we drove on to Columbia to pick up my sister.  From there we finished off the trip and got to Charleston around 6:30 Friday evening.  Traffic wasn't bad at all and Kate did GREAT for the entire trip.  I was really impressed.  She didn't get antsy until the last 10-15 minutes but even then, she didn't cry out.  We cranked up her CD (Praise Baby) and she was all good.

We had a great visit with Mitzi.  On Friday, we just ordered in pizza and visited for a bit.  This was only the second time that she's seen Kate, and the first time was when Kate was only a few weeks old.  Kate LOVES Mitzi.  Mitzi would talk to her and Kate would watch her intently, and then just burst out in a big smile.  :)  I got a couple of cute videos that I will have to upload and post.  But for now, here are a couple of cute pictures...




We spent Saturday doing a little shopping, eating lunch outside (great weather- 70 degrees in January!!) , and then decided to take Kate to the Battery to walk around.  It was really windy and a little cold, so we didn't stay a really long time.








We got up bright and early on Sunday to drive home.  I dropped Kristi off in Columbia and then mom off in Newberry.  Then Kate and I TRIED to make it the rest of the way home but she decided that she wanted out of the car seat.  I can't say that I blame her.  I was ready to get out of the car myself.  We stopped at a McDonalds and she had a bottle, and then we drove the rest of the way home.  She was a great little traveler and I am SO glad for it.  I will say though that I am going to be buying another Praise Baby CD.  Listening to the same CD for 4 hours on Friday and then 4+ hour on Sunday has made me sick of it.  So lucky for Kate, she'll be getting a new CD to add to her collection of 2. :)

That was our weekend, and it was so much fun.  What a great way to spend a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved