Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Favorite Things of Fall

Fall is here and it is my favorite season of the year! So, in honor of that I thought I'd make a list of WHY it's my favorite season!


1. College Football:
I really didn't have ANY expectations from "my" football team this year (Clemson).  With so many freshman starters, a new QB, and after watching the first two games against Wofford and Troy, I was just hoping that the Tigers at least had a decent season. Wow. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well we've played the past few games.  It's been so exciting to watch them play and it's been fun to see them beat teams ranked in the top 10 for three weeks in a row.... which, by the way is an ACC record.  This week, Clemson was ranked #8 in the nation- their highest ranking since 1991.  Let's just hope that they keep this up and that this ranking isn't the kiss of death for them.  Oh, and another plus is that Kate just looks SO cute in her Clemson cheerleading outfit.



2. Fall Weather & Clothes:
Who in the south DOESN'T love fall weather? This is probably for sure my favorite season weather-wise.  70 degrees and sunny- yes please!  Even when the temperature dips a bit cooler than that, it's better than sweltering heat and humidity.


DayNight


Sunny
High
73°F

Precip
0%




Clear
Overnight Low
47°F

Precip
0%




And because the weather is changing, so is the clothing.  Blue jeans, sweaters, and scarves, oh my!  I wear blue jeans pretty much year round anyway, so it's nice to be able to wear them without people looking at you like you're crazy because it's 100 degrees outside.


3. The Food & Smells:
Fall food is the best.  Especially the desserts. Anything cooked with pumpkin, cream cheese and/or cinnamon = YUMMY!  Oh, and Caramel Macchiatos and White Chocolate Mochas from Starbucks are another one of my fall favorites.  I realize that these are served year round, but I'm not big on drinking coffee when it's 100 degrees outside, so I save them for fall and winter.

And along the same lines of the food are the smells. I just love the scents of fall. I love being able to put the following scents in my Scentsy and make the whole house smell delicious...
Baked Apple Pie
Cinnamon Bun
Pumpkin Pie
Oh my goodness. Just typing all of that makes me want to go bake something... or go to Ingles and walk through the bakery section.

Here's a super easy fall dessert that I made last weekend...


Sopapilla Cheesecake
Ingredients:
-3 cans pillsbury butter crescent rolls
-2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
-1 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/4 cup butter (melted)
-Cinnamon & sugar

Instructions:
Unrolled and spread 1 & 1/2 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased pan. Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescent rolls. Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture. Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

4. The Holidays:
Halloween and Thanksgiving- who DOESN'T enjoy these two holidays?  Halloween is going to be so much fun this year as it is Kate's first Halloween.  Isn't she going to make a CUTE little watermellon? I know she looks THRILLED to be all dressed up.


And Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite holidays of the year. Thanksgiving = family time. And Thanksgiving = lots and lots of yummy foods.

5. The TV Shows:
Ah, I am so glad when my shows are back and the season premiers are on TV!  I mean, I really need to know if Kate Beckett is going to live or die (but seriously, she's the star of the show so she CAN'T die) and Rick Castle is just so funny.  I'm glad they're back on Mondays.  My DVR is all set and ready to go!



So those are a few of my favorite things about fall. I think that the only thing that I DON'T like about fall is that the days are getting shorter and shorter. :(

Anybody have anything else to add to the list? Did I leave anything off? What are YOUR favorite things of fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved