Thursday, October 27, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I've been MIA for a few days, and can I just say "Ahhh. It's good to be home!"  The sad thing is that I was only gone for 1.5 days.  Here's a little recap of the past few days...

Monday afternoon, we had our first home visit with our adoption worker since Kate was placed in our home.  Bethany Christian Services requires that they do a couple of visits after placement just to see how everybody is adjusting to having a new baby in the household.  Our worker met with us for about an hour and we had a GREAT visit.  Normally, she would have been present at the actual placement, but because Kate was born in NC, we used a Bethany Christian Services worker in Raleigh for that time period.  SO, this was our adoption worker's first chance to meet Kate.  Of course she'd seen pictures, but this was the first "real life" meeting.

Every year I have to get in 40 hours of continuing professional education (CPE).  So after our meeting with our adoption worker, I packed up my bags and headed to Charlotte for a few days of CPE credit.  Luckily my classes were at a hotel in south Charlotte, so it only took about an hour and a half to get there.  After I got there, I realized that I'd had CPE at this same hotel 2 years ago.

This was Kevin's first full 24 hour period of being with Kate alone. :)  He did a great job.... except for the fact that I had to ASK for a picture message on the first day!  After that, he did pretty good about sending them to me.  Kate seemed pretty happy even though I wasn't there.  Boo.  I guess on the plus side, she loves her daddy!

Here are a few super cute pictures that just made my day while I was gone.  Sorry about the poor quality. Our blackberry phones don't take the best pictures, but it's definitely better than nothing.

Kevin said she was waving to me.  If she was, she is the most talented 11 week old baby EVER. 

This was definitely NOT one of the two outfits I left out for her.  I kind of saw it coming though.

This one definitely made my day. 
And now I'm home, and oh-so-glad about it.  There's nothing like your own bed, and being back here with Kevin and Kate.  And, another plus is that tomorrow's FRIDAY! Anybody have any good weekend plans coming up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved