Friday, December 27, 2013

Twenty Nine

Today was my 29th birthday.  We had no big plans, which was totally intentional.  However we DID plan to spend the day at home and then go to Olive Garden for dinner.  I seem to be the only person in my family that loves Italian food so we hardly ever eat pasta anymore.  But, since it was my birthday, and I've really been wanting Olive Garden lately, we decided that this would be a good day for pasta.


The Olive Garden near our house always seems to be insanely busy, so we planned to eat a very light lunch and then get to the restaurant around 5:30-5:45 for an early dinner.  Our intentions were to beat the dinner crowd. 

It didn't quite work out.  We got there at the time we planned, but there was already a 30 minute wait.  We were all starving, and one thing that you perfect with kids is flexibility. So we went to Five Guys, which was across the street.  Not exactly the birthday dinner I had planned on but it was still great.  And we made plans to leave Kate at home one upcoming weekend so Kevin and I could return to Olive Garden. 

Kevin had bought me a big cookie cake for my birthday.  He really knows the way to my heart.  :)  He stuck some candles in it when we got home, and Kate helped me blow them out.  




My twenty eighth year was a great one.  It's crazy to think that I'm already a few days into the last year of my twenties! Where has the time gone?  I feel like I was just in high school, when in actuality I've been out of high school for a decade.  These past years have flown by, and I want to make sure to enjoy and SLOW DOWN time as much as I can.  I know this year will be a great one too, and I'm looking forward to turning twenty nine again next year. :)


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you get a plate of pasta soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope you get your Olive Garden soon- it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved