Monday, August 27, 2012

Fun in Charleston- Part 1

This past weekend, Kate and I took a trip with my mom and sister to visit my grandmother, Mitzi, in Charleston.  We had so much fun.  I don't get down there as much as I would like, but we have a great time when we do.  This time was no exception!

I left work about 3 on Friday so I could get home, back up the car, pick up Kate and then get back to Kristi's apartment to pick her up by 4:15.  We actually got to Kristi's apartment about 5 minutes before she did. Kate caught up on her reading while we waited.


After we picked up Kristi, we drove to pick up my mom.  She met us in a town that was on the way for both of us.  Then we were FINALLY on our way to Charleston.  We ended up having to stop when we were about an hour away from Mitzi's house.  She was sick of being in the car (so were we) and hungry.  So we stopped at a McDonalds and she ate a little bit of a cheeseburger and some applesauce. By the time we got there around 8:30pm, she was deliriously tired.  She hadn't napped all day. Surprisingly, she wasn't fussy.  I think it's so funny that sometimes when she gets so overtired, she thinks everything is hilarious.  Much better than the alternative! :)

Kate woke up around 7am on Saturday.  She went back to sleep just long enough for us to shower and get ready, and then she was ready to go!  We decided to take her to the mall to walk around, and of course we didn't mind shopping. The Citadel Mall had a Merry-Go-Round and we let Kate ride it for the very first time.



She loved it and was NOT happy when the ride was over.  However, I was extremely happy because I had to walk around the outside of that thing in a circle about a million times. 


We walked around a bit, and then we found another kid thing for Kate.  I'd never seen one of these before, but it was like a screen on the floor that kids could walk on.  There was a projector overhead shooting down images, but somehow it knew where you stepped.  In the picture below, there were dolphins swimming around and everywhere you stepped there would be bubbles.  They also had a sky and everywhere you stepped were fireworks.  Then it changed to a soccer field and you could "pass" the ball around.  Next it was a swimming pool and your steps were big splashes.  It was really neat.  I think I had as much fun as Kate.  She just liked to watch.






After the mall, we went back to Mitzi's place to eat lunch.  Kate particularly liked the ice cream. :) 


We took the scenic route back to Mitzi's apartment and walked around the complex, stopping to take some pictures along the way, of course. 







Kate had to take a nap when we got back to Mitzi's apartment, but later that afternoon we went over to James Island's park and played at the splash park and playground.  Lots more pictures but I'll save them for tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved