Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend- Part 2

Picture overload.  You've been warned!

Sunday morning Kevin and I were able to visit the church that I grew up in.  It's not often that we are not at home on Sundays so it had been quite a while since we were there to visit.  We had fun catching up with friends that we hadn't seen in a while.  After church, of course we had to take a few pictures. :) 


Kate learned how to do "thumbs up" and was SO proud of herself.




Kate is the first grand child on my side of the family, so when she was little my mom and dad had to decide what they wanted to be called.  Mom decided on Gigi (her name is Gena) and my dad decided to go with Papa Rick.  It took Kate FOREVER to say my mom's name.  Not sure why, because I wouldn't think it would be that difficult, but she eventually got the hang of it.  For my dad, she often called him just Papa and sometimes just Rick, but never really put them together.  She's just recently started stringing words together.  However, this weekend she decided his name would be "Pick".  So that's apparently what she is going to call him, at least for now.   Even if you ask her to say "Papa Rick", she'll just look at you and say "Pick".  The first grand kid usually decides on the names themselves, right? :)  I'll be interested to see how long this one stays around. She sure does love him though.


After church, and lunch, and a little relaxation, it was time to head down to the lake. 


For a little fishing...


And a little bubbles...


And a little boating...



Thanks to Kristi for photo-bombing this sweet moment of my mom and Kate.  





And last, but certainly not least, we had a little fishing competition.  We all successfully got a fish, though it took some of us longer than others.  I must point out, even if it doesn't LOOK like it from the pictures, my fish was 2nd biggest.  Only my dad beat me, and that doesn't really count since he lives at the lake and "practices" all the time, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved