Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July! We had a great low-key holiday at our house today. In fact, we didn't even LEAVE the house.  We spent the day catching up on household chores to get ready for the work week, playing board games with the girls, watching movies together, and just hanging out inside.  Let's face it. It's 100 degrees outside and nobody wants to be out in that.  We did pop outside for a few quick minutes to take a few pictures to document the day and prove that we were at least being patriotic with our attire. 


And oh man. Just for fun, I flipped back to last year's 4th of July pictures and nearly fainted. I can't believe how much the girls have changed in a year.  I knew Karsten changed a lot.  From 9 months to nearly 21 months is a big change. See...


But I just wasn't expecting to see the big change in Kate. I mean I knew she had grown, but I guess I didn't realize how GROWN UP she has gotten. Ah! 


Can't wait to see what next year brings!

Hope you and your family had a great 4th of July.  People (including myself) complain about the state of our country sometimes, but in spite of any of the things we don't necessarily like, I am so thankful to live in a country where we have so many rights and liberties. It's easy to complain about what you don't have, but let's never take for granted the things we DO have.  And let's also never forget the men and women who served our country to earn, and keep, our independence.  

But most importantly, we should all remember where TRUE freedom comes from: 

Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 
John 8:31-32

Happy Independence Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved