Friday, July 5, 2013

Big Girl Room

Well, it's just about time to move Kate into a big girl room. She's getting big enough for a real bed and has gotten out of her crib a few times, so we know it's only a matter of time before she is regularly getting out of her crib. I'm definitely NOT looking forward to it. She sleeps so well in her crib, so I really don't want to mess things up, but I know we can't put it off for forever.  But before we can move her into her big girl room, we've got to get the room itself ready.

We got new (used) furniture for this room earlier this year, but other than that we haven't done anything.  Honestly, we haven't done much of anything to this room since we moved in 6 years ago. So we started off with a pretty blank slate. 



I fell in love with some bedding from Pottery Barn Kids a while back, and was just waiting for it to go on sale.  It finally did, so I got it!  It came in a few days ago, and Kate helped me put it on her bed.


I think she likes it! She kept saying "Covers! Bed! Night-night!" and pretending to be asleep. Let's hope she's just as excited about it when we actually put her in there to go to sleep!



Now if I can just get the room painted and find some curtains. :)


4 comments:

  1. I love that bedding! It's so pretty. And, Pottery Barn quilts hold up SO well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I'm hoping we get MANY years out of it!

      Delete
  2. I dread the day E&E are moved out of their cribs. I worry we may never sleep again when that day comes!! I LOVE Pottery Barn Kids. My boss use to get a magazine every so often and give it to me. I don't have a job that would financially support Pottery Barn stuff but it was always fun to look at! Cute bedding!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved