This is not a recipe blog, but I thought I would share one that we first tried a few days ago. I definitely did not come up with this recipe, but it is a good one and after posting the below picture on Instagram, more than just a couple of people have asked me to share. I actually got the recipe from my sister, who got it from a friend at work, so it has been used a time or two. Pretty simple, and very good! Enjoy!
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 10-oz can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 boiled & shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled apart)
1 10-oz package frozen mixed vegetables
2 pre-cut pie crusts (the kind you roll out)
2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Gradually add cream of chicken soup and chicken broth.
- Stir in salt, pepper, mixed vegetables, and chicken. Thoroughly stir to completely thaw vegetables.
- Roll one pre-cut pie crust onto pie pan.
- Spoon chicken mixture into pie pan, filling pan to the top but making sure not to overfill it past the edges of your pie crust.
- Roll out second pie crust. Cut the crust into inch-wide strips.
- Place the strips on top of the pie filling, alternating above and below the others to create a lattice. Once finished, pinch the edges of both crusts together to keep the filling inside during cooking.
- Place the pie pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown. (My note: The pie crust I bought said to bake for 45 minutes. I ended up baking mine for about 40 minutes, so just adjust as needed based on the pie crust that you buy.)