Thursday, February 2, 2012

Whew!

Yes, we're still here and we're still alive.  I'll do some catch up posts this weekend, but in the meantime, here are a couple of quick pictures that I never posted.




These were definitely her Daddy's doing!

Oh, and I got this one as a text message while I was at work earlier this week...


Can you tell she likes hats?  :)

We've started using some of our stockpile of meals in our freezer.  Tonight we had one that my mom made for us and it was really good!  It's so nice and easy to have meals already prepared and waiting for you.  Thanks Mom!

We've been using our crock pot more and more.  Last night I tried a new recipe from Pinterest.  We'll definitely use this one again.  Kevin and I both love Mexican food and this one was a recipe for Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken.

Not my picture- Taken from the Pip & Ebby website

Here's the recipe in a nutshell:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
24-oz jar of salsa (we actually used 2 smaller jars of salsa- one mild and one medium)
Juice from one lime
One medium onion, chopped
One pack of taco seasoning
2 jalapeno peppers- chopped

Mix all ingredients together and put in crock pot.  Cook on low for 6 hours.  Enjoy!

We actually choose to shred the chicken after it was cooked and then put it all in a soft shell taco with a bit of sour cream.  Yumm!  Feel free to share any easy crock pot recipes!  I love a good (easy) meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved