Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Greatest Love of All

Happy Valentines Day!  I hope everyone had a fantastic day, whether you are married, dating, single, or whatever! Isn't Valentine's Day such a commercialized holiday?  Do we REALLY need a special day just to tell the people that we are closest to that we love them?  No!  We should tell them every day. 

I have to say, though, I was pleasantly surprised when my husband showed up at my work today with a vase full of pink and white roses, a sweet card, and a bag full of hershey hugs (my fav!).  The flowers are beautiful and I'm very thankful for his thoughtfulness.  The flowers will be bringing me a little bit of happiness in my cubicle all week long.  So don't get me wrong, Valentine's day can bring enjoyment but it shouldn't be the only time that we make people feel special or tell them that we love them!  

But more than that, as Christians, we're all called to share the greatest love of all- the love of God.  We're called to share this message every day, but I would think that on the day where "LOVE" is the focus, it's an especially appropriate time for Christians to share their love story with their Savior.  "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

I could go on, but I'd like to share one of my favorite songs by Third Day.  It's appropriately titled "Love Song" and the images are from the movie "The Passion of the Christ". 


One of my OTHER favorite Third Day songs is called "Don't You Know I've Always Loved You".  The lyrics of that one are just as good...

Greater love has not a man 
Than the one who gave his life to prove
That he would do anything
And that's what I'm gonna do for you

Don't you know I've always loved you
Even before there was time
Through you turn away, I tell you still, 
Don't you know I've always loved you. 
And I always will. 

I'm thankful this day for the love of my husband, family, friends, etc. but I'm especially thankful for the greatest love of all- the love of God and His gift of salvation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved