Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bath Time Fun

We started giving Kate a little bit of rice cereal each night about a week ago.  She's still getting the hang of it, and of course it is pretty messy.  The pictures below really don't do the mess justice.  A bath is NECESSARY after rice cereal.  I think she has as much fun putting her hands in her mouth as eating it.

I took a video and some pictures of the first time we let her have the rice cereal so I'll have to post that soon.  In the meantime, here's a little glimpse of our weeknight fun. (PS: yet again these were all taken with my phone since it on hand so sorry if the quality isn't as great)



This is all new to Kevin and me, and we're still trying to figure out the best way to feed her.  Usually by the time it's dinner time, it's been 4 hours since she had her last bottle and she is hungry.  I TRY to let her eat the rice cereal first, but normally she wants nothing to do with it.  She just wants her bottle.  So, I let her have about 1/2 of a normal bottle and then feed her the rice cereal.  Sometimes she goes for it but sometimes she just wants her bottle back.  Obviously since we just started solids, she's not eating much at all.  I make 1-2 tablespoons total, and most of it ends up on her bib, face, hair, hands, etc.   Plus, I cut back her bottle by 1-2 oz when she eats rice cereal too.  Anybody do anything differently or have suggestions?


So after the bottle it was definitely time for a bath.  Kate loves bath time, and we had a lot of fun tonight.  She's probably going to kill me for these pictures when she gets older. :)


My crazy hair girl.  Oh but wait... it gets better!






Kate definitely had wrinkled hands and feet when she got out, but she loved it.  She splashed and smiled the whole time.

After all of that fun, it was time for lotion, pj's and bed!  Good night, Kate.  You're such a cutie!


And on a totally different note, if you like my blog please click the link below to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs.  It will take you to the Top Mommy Blogs website, but just clicking on the link below gives me a vote.  Thanks!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



1 comment:

  1. My sister is giving my nephew rice cereal mixed in his bottle with formula. That seems to work better than spoon feeding. Maybe give that a try. This is only auntie advice and I have not ever tried this. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved