Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Catch-Up

Hello! It's been a few days, but we haven't done anything wild and crazy over in our household.  Just the normal every day stuff with a 5.5 month old!

Saturday morning, I had to go in to work for a few hours.  I decided to get up early and get to the office by 8:30ish so I could leave by lunchtime.  My mom decided that she hadn't had enough Kate-time lately, so she met me over near the mall around 11ish.  We ran a few errands and then went back to my house to get Kevin and Kate.  Then we headed over to Bertolo's for lunch.   Yumm.

We came back to the house and I made up a batch of butternut squash for Kate.  This was her second solid food, and she loved it.  And I really mean LOVED.  The color/texture wasn't too much different than the sweet potatoes, but she seemed to enjoy it much more.   She liked it so much she was literally grabbing my hands and shoving the spoon in her mouth as fast as she could.






We went to church on Sunday morning and then Kate and I went to Target while Kevin stayed for a meeting.  Since she's sitting up so well now, I decided to put Kate in the shopping cart instead of putting her whole carrier in the buggy.  She loved it at first, looking around and being able to see all that was going on.  Then she got pretty tired though and by the end of the trip, she looked like this...



Yes, it was definitely nap time when we got home.  Once Kate woke up, we decided to take her on a walk.  It was SO nice outside (or so we thought).  Here she is right before we started out.


And then we realized that it was pretty windy so we bundled her up a little more. 


And by the end of the trip she looked like this....


Are you noticing a trend here?  Apparently movement = nap for Kate!  So, we got home and I put her back in her crib for the rest of her nap.  


And then we just spent some time relaxing at home, while Kate tried to eat her feet.  Typical Sunday afternoon/night.  And that's our weekend in a nutshell!



1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved