Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day After Thanksgiving

On Friday, we headed to my home town to visit with my family for Thanksgiving.  Like I said in my last post, Kevin met up with the guys to go play golf.  The girls, plus my cousin's little boy Christopher, decided that we would go pick out a Christmas tree.  So me, Kate, my sister Kristi, my mom, my aunt Cathy, my cousin, her son, and their dog Kobe all piled into 2 cars and headed to the Christmas tree farm.

We started off walking around and taking pictures, while Kristi sought out the perfect tree.  She narrowed it down to a few for us.  



She showed us our options and we picked out the best.  We found our tree! Of course we had to take a few pictures with our tree.





And then we watched the tree farm people cut our tree down for us, drill a hole in the bottom for our stand, shake it up so any dead needles fell off, bag it up, and load it in the truck.  Afterward, we went to check out their small animal farm.




After that we went into the Christmas shop to look at their decorations and get some hot chocolate and candy canes.  It wasn't too cold outside so it's not like we NEEDED hot chocolate, but it was still yummy!

On our way back home we stopped by Emerald Farms.  They had a HUGE model train set/display.  It took up the entire top floor of the building.  According to the guy who took us up there, it's been a work in progress for 15-20 years. WOW!



And then we had to take a train ride ourselves!


 By the end of the train ride, it was past our lunch times so we headed back to the house to make some sandwiches with the leftover turkey and ham.  YUMM!

What a fun day already, and it was barely 1 o'clock! We did a lot more things on Friday, but this post is already getting long and I've got some stuff to do around the house so I'll save it for tomorrow! :)

Until then....



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved