Sunday, June 29, 2014

Vacation Day 1 (Sunday)

We are back from vacation and now I can catch up on my blogging. I've got lots of pictures, so I'm going to be breaking this up into quite a few posts.  Here we go...

Kevin and I had been going back and forth for a while on when to leave for vacation.  We couldn't decide if we wanted to leave Friday after work, or wait and leave on Saturday to go over to Lake Keowee, where a lot of my family was getting together for an annual Lake Weekend.  In the end, we decided to pack up and leave on Saturday morning... which turned out to be a great decision since we got a phone call about 11:15pm Friday night from my parents.  My cousins went to the airport Friday night to pick up another one of my cousins, and on the way to Lake Keowee they hit something on the interstate. They blew out 2 tires and were stuck on the side of the interstate.  Luckily, they were only about 10 minutes from our house so Kevin went by and picked them all up. They spent the night at our house and the following morning we were all able to go to the lake. 

We spent the day at the lake with lots of family... boating, paddle boarding, swimming, rock jumping... you know, the normal lake stuff.  And then Saturday evening, Kevin and I left to go to my parent's lake house (on a different lake) where we spent the rest of the week.  We went to church Sunday morning and then came back to the lake house to take a swim.  Kate has been taking swimming lessons the last 2 weeks and LOVES LOVES LOVES the water!






Other than going to church and swimming, Sunday was a pretty lazy day for us.  To be honest, a lot of our vacation days were "lazy days", but that's what made them so perfect and vacation so relaxing!


1 comment:

  1. That is what vacation is supposed to be, lazy days!
    Looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved