- Mom, Kristi and I visited my Grandmother in Charleston, SC
- Kate graduated from the baby carrier to a big-girl car seat (still rear facing)
- She got her first taste of sweet potatoes
- Kate turned 5 months old!
- Her adoption was finalized!
- Kate started standing on her own when leaning against something (wall, couch, etc).
- We celebrated her FIRST Valentines day.
- She turned 6 months old.
- Her personality started coming out. :)
- Kate graduated to the bath ring and it made bath time SO much easier.
- My parents came up for a visit and gave Kate an Easter basket.
- We started reading Kate bedtime stories more regularly and she LOVES it.
- She got her first taste of Chocolate Chip Pizza and was not happy when she ate the last bite.
- Kate turned 7 months old!
- She started CRAWLING.
- We had GREAT March weather (short sleeves!) and got to take lots of walks outside.
- We celebrated Kate's first Easter.
- Kate got sick for the first time (a cold) and slept in her car seat for a few days.
- We took our first family vacation to Savannah, Georgia.
- I finished my first busy season as a Mommy.
- Kate turned 8 months!
- Kate got in the pool for the first time.
- She rode on my parents pontoon boat for the first time!
- She tried spaghetti for the first time, and LOVED it!
- My first Mother's Day as a Mommy!
- My parents, Kristi, Kevin and I took Kate to our zoo. She loved everything, except for the Gibbon monkeys!
- Kate got IN the lake for the first time.
- She has enough teeth that we started brushing them- another thing she loved (and still loves).
- We hung a swing from a tree in our yard and have gotten TONS of use out of it.
- Kevin installed borders around the beds in our front and back yard.
- Kate turns 9 months!
- First beach trip- Outer Banks of NC.
- First Vacation Bible School.
- Lots of time spent outdoors.
- Kate turns 10 months!
- She started walking, a few steps at a time.
- First 4th of July.
- We celebrated the first anniversary of finding-out-about-Kate and meeting her birth parents.
- Kate starts sleeping on her tummy with her rear end WAY in the air- too cute.
- She loves green beans and spaghetti.
- We had temperatures of over 100 degrees so our dogs came inside for a few days. They officially became Kate's best friends.
- Kate discovered where her food/snacks are kept. We installed child locks.
- Mama got a new car! :)
- Kate turned 11 months old and started walking 100% of the time.
- Lots of lake visits to Gigi and Papa Rick.
- Kate turns ONE.
- We had a big party at our house with lots of family (our family and Kate's birth family).
- Kate starts trying to feed herself (yogurt) and makes a big mess.
- Mom, Kristi, Kate and I take a trip to Charleston to visit my Grandmother.
- Kate tries out the splash park at the James Island Park and has a blast!
- We celebrate Kevin's birthday on August 31st with a Giordano's Pizza.
- Kate started Mother's Day Out one day a week at a local church.
- Football season officially started for both Clemson and Georgia. Kevin worked on getting Kate to say "Go Dawgs" while I worked on "Go Tigers". Kevin won.
- Kevin, Kristi and I visited Boston for a long weekend to go to the Clemson/Boston College game.
- Kate went to the eye doctor for the first time. We will have to go back in March to follow up on her astigmatism/strabismus. We are praying for this to correct itself so she wouldn't have to wear glasses or a patch.
- We had lots of fun outdoors.
- We watched tons of football and Kate perfected the phrase "Go, Go, Go", as well as raising her arms to say "touchdown" every time she sees football on TV.
- We visited a pumpkin patch for the very first time.
- Kate attended her 2nd Clemson game, and actually went into the game for the first time.
- We celebrated Halloween- Kate was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. So cute!
- We visited Fripp Island for a long weekend with Ken and Angela. Lots of fun, including an ice cream cone for Kate.
- Kevin, Kristi and I went to Auburn, Alabama for the Auburn/Georgia game. Georgia won, but it was also fun being in Auburn as Alabama LOST.
- Kate's hair got long enough for pig tails!
- We celebrated Thanksgiving with family.
- We decorated our Christmas tree... with non-breakable ornaments on the bottom 1/3 of the tree!
- We participated in our church's float for our local Christmas parade.
- Mom, Kristi and I took a girl's trip to New York City. We saw Wicked on Broadway, the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall, visited FAO Schwartz, saw the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, and so much more. It was my first visit there and I LOVED it. Yes, Kevin, I will be back!
- We took a trip to Myrtle Beach with our youth group.
- And the best part of December- we celebrated the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!