Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy 13 Month Birthday

Kate is 13 months old today!!  I just couldn't stop with the monthly updates. :) Not promising that I'll do this every month, but it seems like Kate is doing new things every single day, and I don't want to forget them.  So, here we go...


I think this time I'm just going to list the "big" things that I want to remember.

Says Mama constantly.  Is starting to say "dog", but that's not what it sounds like. It sounds more like "guh", but she is definitely talking about dogs when she says it.  She can also say Papa, and starts to say "book", but it really doesn't sound like book.


Can point to her nose and hair, and also Mama's nose and hair. She loves playing with my hair and is surprisingly gentle with it.

Loves to dance when she hears music. She gets into it.  Especially if it's TobyMac.

Tries to "run" everywhere she goes.  Hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet, so she takes a lot of tumbles.

LOVES the opening/intro to the TV show Rawhide.  She "sings" and dances when it comes on.

Loves my keys and wallet.  Definitely have to get her her own wallet and fill it with fake cards.

Wears a Size 4 diaper, and 18 month clothes.

Visited the eye doctor this month because her eyes still have a tendency to turn inward sometimes (ie- she goes cross eyed).  Even though the doctor didn't give us the all-clear, he still gave us some pretty good news.  For the next 6 months we're just going to keep an eye on it, and will try to pay attention to when her eyes are like this.  We'll try to see if her eyes do it only when she's tired, sick, etc.  Hopefully she will have the problem less and less, and we will not have to do any corrective measures in 6 months.  That's what we're praying for!


When she sees a door, she'll "knock, knock, knock" on the door.

She has TEN teeth!  She has her top 4 middle teeth, her bottom 4 middle teeth, and 2 of her top molars. I can feel another bottom tooth right at the surface too, so she'll soon have more teeth.  I'm kind of glad. It will make me less nervous when she's eating food.

Waves at EVERYBODY, and expects them to acknowledge her.

Likes to rock herself in her little rocking chair.


She is still a sleepy-head, at least on the weekends.  This past Saturday, she went to bed at 7pm and slept the next morning until 9am.  However, she has learned what the phrase "time to go to bed" means, and doesn't like it!  She'll cry until I get to her crib and give her a paci.  Then she just rolls over and closes her eyes.  It's like she wants to put up a fight until she sees her crib and realizes how tired she is.  She is also still good with naps.  I just lay her down and walk off and she will go to sleep on her own.

Can sign "more" and "all done".

I'm sure there are LOTS more things that I'll think of tomorrow that I want to add to this list, but this is what I've got for now!  Happy 13 months, baby Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved