Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sleepin' In

Anytime somebody sees Kate they always ask "How's she sleeping?".  Well, I think she's sleeping pretty darn good for a 6, um, I mean 7 week old (as of yesterday). On average she's sleeping about 6 hours at a time at night but on Monday night she slept 8 hours!! :) We think she's almost 12 lbs, so maybe that has something to do with it, but we're trying to do everything in our power to help her sleep at night! Here's a shot of her "cribside" table. See if you can guess what we think MIGHT be helping her to sleep...


If you guessed this, you'd be right! 

Yes, I went and bought an iPod player and it's been awesome.  I've been wanting to put a little CD player in her room to play music, but did you know that they don't really even sell those anymore? Not a small one anyway.  You can buy some huge sound system that plays CDs, which I was NOT going to do, or you can buy a boom box.  Who knew they even really made those anymore?  And I'm not talking about some small thing either.  Those things are still pretty big, and not cheap.  So since I already have an iPod I figured it'd be just a good, and actually even cheaper, to buy something I could just plug my iPod into.  Then I can buy/download some children's music and lullabies and just play it on there.  

So I bought this on Monday from Walmart with a gift card that we still had.  I didn't have time to get any children's music loaded onto my iPod before bedtime, so I figured Kate could make do with some of the music that I listen to.  I just picked an artist, put it on "play all" and let her listen.  It worked!  I credit this little thing, and this artist for 8 hours of great sleep!

I love Aaron Shust, and apparently Kate does too!  Mom came for a visit today and while we were running errands, we stopped by Lifeway Christian Store to pick up a CD of children's music/lullabies.  I got these two, so we'll see what Kate thinks of them soon!



And THIS is what we like to see at night... Snoozing away!


Oh and during her daytime naps, we use this little thing. It was a gift from two friends and we love it.  It plays music for the perfect amount of time and at night puts stars on the ceiling. Thanks G* and T* (not sure if you wanted me to use your names)!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved