Sunday, September 25, 2011

Community Sale & Vintage Kate

Community Sale = Success!

Kevin and I spent a lot of last week getting everything ready (along with the other FANTASTIC people who volunteered to help).  We brought some of our yard sale items to the church on Thursday night, and then Kate and I went back on Friday to finish pricing some of the stuff.  Well, I priced and she slept.

Since we had to be back at the church so early on Saturday morning, we let Kate spend the night with her Nana and Papa Friday night.  This was such a big help.  Kevin and I spent all Friday evening loading the remainder of our yard sale items into our trailer and sorting through the rest of our attic.  We went to bed well after midnight and then got up about 4:45.  I don't really count that as sleeping.  It was more of a nap.

We got to the church about 5:15 on Saturday morning and while I got all of our stuff outside and set up for the sale, Kevin was busy getting things ready for the food sales.  We had a TON of stuff but luckily Kristi got there about 6:15 to help.  I was too busy doing stuff on Saturday to take any pictures, or I would share a few.

There were lots of other vendors there, the food was a big hit, and tons of people came through to see what all of the excitement was about.  We brought multiple trailer loads of stuff over to the event to sell and only left with about 1/2 of a trailer load of stuff.  The event ended at 2pm and everything went so smoothly that the cleanup was finished around 2:45.  All in all, it was a great event and we can't say thank you enough to everyone who helped make it a success.  We were able to raise a lot of money to go toward our adoption expenses, and we are beyond thankful for the support of our family and friends!

We got home just in time for Kristi and me to watch the Clemson game in one room while Kevin watched the Georgia game, which he'd DVR'd, in our living room.  We were so exhausted that we went to bed early.  Even then it was hard to get up Sunday morning for church, but of course we did and I dressed Kate in an outfit that I wore when I was a baby! Is it vintage when it's 26 years old?  I say yes, so here is my little vintage baby (and the progression of pictures- thank goodness for digital cameras).

I've got my paci- I'm good!
Wait a minute- you took it out!
Okay, Mommy! I'll give you a smile!
I think I want my paci back!
Yep, I want it back!!
NOW!!!
Okay, I'm good again.
I can't complain! I got one good picture and caught her smiling! Lucky me!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved