Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015

For the first Memorial Day in SEVEN years, Kevin and I did not spend it at the lake.  We've been on the go the past few weekends, and have plans coming up in the next few weeks also, so we really just wanted to have some down time at home to get a few projects done around the house, and just be pretty low-key. 

It. was. awesome.

Now, from the pictures below, I know it doesn't look so low-key.  But it was. 

On Saturday, we blew up this thing and put it in our back yard. Kate was in heaven.


This was my brother and sister-in-law's.  They are a military family and will be moving to Alaska soon, so they have been trying to figure out what was going to make the move with them, and what wasn't.  This thing didn't make the cut. Lucky for us, right?


 I'm pretty sure you can guess what Kate did ALL DAY Saturday.  She actually woke up Saturday morning at 7:30am, and the very first thing she said was "Can we blow up my bounce house now?"


This is her "mom-stop-taking-pictures-so-I-can-play" face. 



Meanwhile, Karsten and I hung out in the shade while Kevin was busy doing yard work.  I think I got the good end of that deal.




We went to church Sunday morning, went out to eat for lunch with friends, and then came home for naps for the girls.  When they woke up, Kate and I pulled her easel out into the yard and I let her paint. 



It felt so nice to be outside, and I also didn't have to worry about paint falling on my floor.  Stephen Covey would call that a win-win scenario. 




Kate spent the night with her Nana and Papa on Sunday night, so Kevin and I sort of had a night out.  We went out to dinner.  Nothing major, but still fun.

I picked Kate up around 9ish Monday morning and we had another great low key day at home.  We took Kate with us to do a little shopping, and she got some new running shoes.  She fell asleep in the car, and when I carried her inside to her bed, she did NOT want to take them off.  This girl and her shoes. She makes me laugh!

After she woke up from her nap, she begged us again to pull out the bounce house. So we did. And then she refused to get in it. She told Kevin that "Girls don't like to play in the hot sun."  Oh my. She can be ultra-girly at times, and tough as nails other times. You just never know what you're gonna get with her! Three year old drama at its finest.




But she sure does make me smile.


And before I know it, Karsten will be 2 steps behind Kate with everything she does.


And that was our weekend.  Sometimes the lazy days at home are just the best.

1 comment:

  1. Having your own bounce house? That is so cool! I'm not going to wonder why Kate is all smiles that day, because it sure is fun to play inside the bounce house. She is so adorable, and I know that it truly feels good to see your children having a good time. I totally understand why you can't stop taking pictures of her. Haha! You and Kevin are totally cool parents! Thanks for sharing, Kelley! Have an awesome day! :)


    Kathrin Trujillo @ Slides A Lot

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved