Sunday, September 15, 2013

Quick Trip

Apparently all the "cool kids" hang out at QT now, which is a gas station, for those who don't live around here.  Back in the day (I can say that, because my 10 yr reunion is coming up), people used to hang out in the Wal-Mart parking lot, though I can honestly say that I never did that.  My friends and I did end up wandering around the inside of Wal-Mart a time or two, just because there was nothing else to do.  Can you tell I grew up in a small town?  Oh yeah, Wal-Mart wasn't even in our town.  It was one town over.  Guess times change and QT is the new Wal-Mart.  Can't say that's much of an improvement.  

Anyway, that's not the point of this post.  We took a different kind of QT (quick trip) on Friday when we went to my parent's house for the evening.  We drove down Friday after work and got there a little after 7pm, and then we got home Saturday around noon.  Even though the trip was quick, we definitely got in some good quality time. 

We had a great dinner, then let Kate stay up WAY past her bedtime.  She had fun playing with my mom on the floor.  She had a small flashlight and they would put the blanket over their heads.  She loved it, and I'm sure my mom enjoyed all of Kates giggles and smiles. 




Then Pick (Papa Rick) would pretend to be asleep and Kate would "wake him up" by giving him kisses.  She loved it! 



Definitely a quick trip, but so much fun.  


1 comment:

  1. Looks like Miss Kate definitely enjoyed herself. I'm sure they enjoyed her just as much. Glad it was a fun quick trip :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved