Sunday, May 6, 2012

Swingin'

This was the first weekend that we haven't had to go anywhere since busy season was over.  Since it was our first Saturday at home, we decided to use it for one of our home improvement projects.  First, we wanted to "sleep in", which meant sleep til Kate wakes up.  Kate miraculously slept until about 8:30.  She usually takes a short nap after her morning bottle, but she went to sleep and slept all the way until almost noon. Wow!  We went outside to start on our project after she went down for her morning nap.

We Kevin have been putting borders around the bushes/flower beds around our house and yard.  Kevin had already put borders around the front and back beds.  They look great!  We have some other areas in the yard that we wanted to do, so that's what we worked on Saturday morning.  I have to give Kevin all the credit though.  I really didn't do anything except drag a few timbers around and stand on them while he drilled.  Kate joined us to "help" when she woke up.


See the borders in the back?  Don't they look great?  Our yard has definitely come a long way in the almost 5 years since we lived here.  It's still got a good long ways to go, but it's getting there!

I brought Kate inside for lunch.  I think I mentioned in my last post that she's eating more and more solids.  I gave her some mandarin oranges for lunch and she loved them!



And this is about the time that I noticed this...


Yes, I think I should win mother of the year. :) At least I DID remember to wash her hands before she ate lunch.

She did get a bath right after lunch, which was an adventure all of its own.  We have tile floors and after her bath I usually bundle her up and sit her on the floor.  Well, she lost her balance and fell straight back on the back of her head.  The bang was pretty loud, and of course she started screaming.  That's probably the hardest I've heard her hit her head.  Like I said, mother of the year.  Kevin thinks we need to get her a helmet. :)

We went to Zaxby's for lunch.  After we got back, Kate went down for a nap and I ran a few errands.



I expected Kevin to take a nap while I was gone since Kate was napping, but when I got home he was putting in an addition to our back yard.  See if you can spot it.


Here's a closer picture...


This was a hand-me-down from my neice and nephew and Kate LOVES it.  And, we love recycled toys!


This post is getting long, so I'll be quick on Sunday! We went to church Sunday morning and then out to lunch.  After Kate's nap, she played on her swing some more.  Kevin hung it at just the right level for the dogs to walk under her while she's swinging.  She enjoyed it.









Then Kate and I went by Lowes to get some flowers.  They didn't have what I was looking for though, so we didn't buy anything.  Check out how Kate rides in the shopping cart.  Just like in the stroller, she makes herself comfortable and props her legs up.  Not sure HOW this position is comfortable, but oh well!



And that was our weekend!  Hope you all had a good one!

2 comments:

  1. New follower from Kelly's link up. Looking forward to reading your blog. Hope you'll take a moment to check my blog out as well.

    ashleyquarles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, stopping by from KK. I'm a fellow Carolina Girl. :) Your daughter is PRECIOUS!! I'm looking forward to getting to know your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved