Friday, November 4, 2016

1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, C-L-E-M-S-O-N!!!

A few weekends ago, I took the girls with me to Clemson's homecoming.  And yes, I took them by myself. Crazy, huh?

Technically I wasn't completely by myself.  I drove to Clemson by myself, which is always an adventure since traffic backs up miles before you even get to the town.  We parked in an area of campus that I used to live, because I know we can easily get out of there, and then walked halfway across campus to meet some of my family to check out the homecoming floats. So I wasn't alone all day, but with 2 kids, just parking and getting across town in the crowd wasn't easy.




After the floats, we walked the rest of the way across campus to get to our tailgate. And then we ate!


Here is our Clemson crew for the day. Love it when my family gets together. We were missing MANY people but still so fun.

Usually Kevin comes to the Clemson games too but he'd already had plans to go to the Georgia/Vanderbilt homecoming game with friends. Karsten had never been to a Clemson football game so I knew this would be an experience for her!



Near the end of the game she started saying "I'm all done now. Bye Bye Clemson!" and waving to the field.  I knew it was over at that point, and since Clemson was LOSING, I didn't want to stay until the end anyway.   To be honest, I was a little nervous about possibly walking all the way across campus by myself, with both kids, and being in the middle of 80,000 people.  I mean Kate doesn't exactly listen very well sometimes and I could just picture her taking off running from me and getting separated.  So I was more than happy to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter. 






We walked back to the car and I just about died.  Clearly I am not in shape anymore and Clemson's hills are intense anyway.  Add a 40+ pound stroller, holding a 25 pound girl, and my back and legs were toast.  I was sore days later.  We stopped multiple times for "Kate" to rest, but I was happy for the breaks too.  When we were just about to the car Kate looked at me and we had this little golden conversation:

Kate: Mommy, this was a TERRIBLE idea. 
Me: What? Coming to the Clemson game? 
Kate: Yes! 
Me:  Why? I thought you had fun. Do you mean because of all of this walking??
Kate: Yeah. You shoulda been a Georgia fan like Daddy. He didn't make me walk this far.

Clearly Daddy found a better parking space a few weeks ago than I did.

I assumed both kids would fall asleep on the ride home since it had been a long day.  That was NOT the case.  They were wide awake and wired.  They had a blast, and so did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved