Thursday, August 21, 2014

Tiny Tumbler

Remember last year, when Kate went to her very first ballet class?  Well we stuck it out for a whole year, and while I think she had a lot of fun, ballet was definitely not her thing.  Not to say that she was BAD at it.  Ballet just takes a lot of controlled movement, and Kate was not ready for that at all.  The girl likes to MOVE.  So this year, we signed her up for an acro/tumbling class.  Today was her very first class.... and I think we have a winner.

First up, was the outfit...


I bought the little leotard earlier this week at Target.  On Monday, I made the rookie mistake of letting Kate try it on right before bed.  Needless to say, she did not want to take it off, and it became her pajamas for the night.

So today (Thursday) she was pumped to be able to wear her outfit again.  So pumped, in fact, that she wore it all day long.  I tried to snap a few quick pictures before we drove to her class, but she wasn't really into it. She was pretty distracted from the butterflies that were all around her.




I was able to get a few once she went into her class. I walked her in, then quickly dropped her off and went into the parent's waiting area to watch the class on a TV screen.




She loved it.  They bounced on a little trampoline, played with hulu hoops, walked on a balance beam, practiced front rolls, and more.  Definitely a good choice for an active little girl, who never wants to sit still. She was already asking about next week, so I'm pretty sure that means she likes it.

Guess she is no longer our tiny ballerina.  She's now our tiny tumbler! 


5 comments:

  1. So adorable! I've been trying to find a gymnastics/tumbling class for Kaylee but no luck so far. I know she'd love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is better for kids to move freely, especially at this age. It is more fun. Ballet is about discipline and I feel like it is made for older kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW CASTING-MEN AND WOMEN WHO WANT TO RELIVE THEIR GLORY DAYS!

    Were you a black belt in karate when you were in your teens but haven't
    karate chopped or busted out a roundhouse kick in years?

    Perhaps you were the captain of your cheerleading team and haven't been at
    the top of a pyramid since high school?


    Do you have a significant other or friend who is sick of hearing about your
    glory days? If so, we want to hear from them!

    We are currently looking to cast men and women in their late 20's-early
    30's who would like to try their hand at the things they USED to be great
    at! Ideally, we want those who are notorious in a specific sport and won
    tournaments or awards in the past for the activity back in the day.

    If interested, please send to follow information as soon as possible to:
    glorydayscasting@crybaby-media.com


    -Name, age, location and contact information
    -2/3 recent and clear pictures of who is being submitted
    -Sport/activity used to be involved in
    -Brief paragraph of the story surrounding the activity or sport
    -Awards or accolades received for the sport or activity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is absolutely stunning! I was in gymnastics around the same age, maybe a couple years older. But I was also one of those girls who was bouncing around all over the place. I am sure she will love it :) I love that she wanted to wear her tumbling outfit all night and all day. I found your blog via the Mommy Bloggers website and I just wanted to stop in and say hi and that I love your blog. I blog over at www.adventuresofnobleandpond.com and am a Board Member at http://www.internationalbloggersassociation.com I just wanted to invite you to become a member of our group and start sharing your content with our network. I look forward to connecting with you! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable. I'm glad that you found something that she likes doing. Children have so much energy that must be consumed.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved