Friday, October 14, 2011

Next Crafty Project

So I'm still addicted to Pinterest and thought it was about time I do another one of those projects that I just keep pinning about.  (You can see my last project here).

So my next project was a bow board for Kate's room.  I had plenty of "inspiration" to make one of these with the massive amounts of hair on Kate's head and her overflowing basket of bows.  So, I got to searching on Pinterest to see what others have done.  There were a couple of different styles of bow boards:

bow board

  bow board

Decisions, decisions.  Frame or no frame? Place ribbon vertically, horizontally, both, or diagonally?  Right away, I decided I wanted mine to have a frame for a more finished look.  Beyond that, I thought I'd just play it by ear.  So I refined my search again to bow boards with frames and then started pinning.  Here are a few of my "inspiration" pins.  

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

hair bows

And since I'd figured out what direction I was going to go in, I was off to gather my supplies and get to work!  I finished Kate's bow board a few days ago and I just LOVE how it turned out.  Now I just have to get Kevin to hang it up so I can take a few pictures and post an update!

We're out of town tomorrow.  If you care to see how my finished bow board turned out, or if you want to know how to make one for yourself, check back on Sunday.  :)  Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved